Over the summer I bought an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite e-reader on Prime Day and since then have finished twenty books, more than I've read in easily the past ten years combined. The Paperwhite has become my near constant companion, going on vacation, doctor and other appointments where I might be waiting a while, even lunch on occasion. It's small enough to fit in my pocket and the battery life is amazing. Its small size is comfortable to hold and the screen is easier to read on than an iPad. I find myself many evenings winding down with a book instead of being on my laptop, watching tv, etc.
This was my reading list for 2018. All links are to the website Goodreads.
- Blood and Fears: How America's Bomber Boys of the 8th Air Force Saved World War II
- The Saboteur: The Aristocrat Who Became France's Most Daring Anti-Nazi Commando
- Killing the Rising Sun: How America Vanquished World War II Japan
- The Great Leader and the Fighter Pilot: The True Story of the Tyrant Who Created North Korea and The Young Lieutenant Who Stole His Way to Freedom
- The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II
- Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny
- After the Reich: The Brutal History of the Allied Occupation
- The Mathews Men: Seven Brothers and the War Against Hitler's U-boats
- Hue 1968: A Turning Point of the American War in Vietnam
- Never Caught: The Washingtons' Relentless Pursuit of Their Runaway Slave, Ona Judge
- American Fire: Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land - My wife and I are frequent visitors to the Eastern Shore of Virginia where this book takes place. We saw the aftermath of the arson spree on a trip out there about a week after the arsonists were caught.
- Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates: The Forgotten War That Changed American History
- Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
- Last Hope Island: Britain, Occupied Europe, and the Brotherhood That Helped Turn the Tide of War
- The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit
- Killing the SS: The Hunt for the Worst War Criminals in History - This book includes a detailed account of the hunt for Adolf Eichmann, his capture in Argentina, and trial in Israel. The recent film Operation Finale also depicts this.
- Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison
- The Handmaid's Tale
- Killing Patton: The Strange Death of World War II's Most Audacious General
- Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder
Post a Comment