Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Candied Bacon Recipe

The ITRT group I’m a part of had our monthly meeting and annual holiday luncheon yesterday. Normally I bring drinks or something that doesn’t require cooking but after experiencing the candied bacon at the Virginia Society for Technology in Education annual conference last week I asked my wife to make some for me to bring as well. It got rave reviews from my group so here’s the recipe for anyone interested in trying it on their own:

1. Put bacon on a rack on top of a sheet pan.
2. Drizzle a little real maple syrup on it.
3. Add course black pepper and then sprinkle on a mixture of brown sugar with a bit of ancho chili powder.
4. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes but you just have to keep checking it. You don't want to burn it, but you want it to crisp it up a little.


According to our boss this bacon is now, "the new official ITRT snack." So I'm guessing it'll be making an appearance at every event like this from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment